Shelling out the cash for Valentine's Day...
Okay, I know it's not too romantic to talk money on Valentine's Day, but I think these statistics are fun! How does your Valentine's Day spending match up?
- Total Valentine's Day spending this year? $ 14.1 billion. (Recession? What recession?)
- Average Valentine's day spending per person - $103
- 55% of spenders will by Valentine Day cards - 1 billion of these are sent worldwide - and 80% of them are sent by women!
- The average Valentine spender will shell out $4.29 for cards for a child to exchange with classmates and teachers
- 15.5% of Valentine spenders will buy jewelry for their loved one.
- Surprise! More candy is bought for Halloween, Easter, and Christmas than for Valentine's Day. But none of the big three can boast sales of 36 million pretty heart-shaped boxes!
- Florists love Valentine's Day - 40 percent of a retail florist's yearly business come with Valentine's Day. Which is why, I imagine, florists never go on vacation in February. 35% of Valentine's Day spenders will splurge on bouquets for their honeys. Roses are the most popular flower (no surprise there!). Carnations are second.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Labels: valentine's day